EU General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice describes how Beddow Capital Management, Inc. treats personal data of individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA). The information in this Notice is provided pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Protection Officer for BCMI is Edward G. Beddow. Mr. Beddow can be reached at 307-734-7300 or EGBeddow@BeddowCapital.com. Your contract is with Beddow Capital Management Inc. (BCMI).
Basis and Purposes of Data Processing
BCMI collects and processes personal data only when processing is necessary for the ongoing performance of our contract with you or your designee. We process personal data in order to comply with applicable U.S. laws. Basis for such processing are our legitimate interests, as we could not provide required services unless we complied with U.S. laws.
Personal Data We May Obtain From You
- Account Applications and Other Forms, which may include a client’s name and address, social security number or tax identification number, total assets, income and accounts at other institutions.
- Account History, which may include information about transactions and balances in accounts managed by BCMI
- Correspondence, which may include written, telephonic or electronic communications; and
- Other Interactions that you may have had with us.
Personal Data Not Obtained From You
BCMI has access to personal information about you from Charles Schwab & Co., the custodian of your assets managed by BCMI. BCMI does not utilize any outside sources to obtain client personal data information.
Recipients of Personal Data
We share your personal data with the custodian of your assets managed by BCMI, Charles Schwab and Co.
BCMI maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably designed to guard its client’s personal data. BCMI uses its clients’ personal data to manage and administer holdings in investment accounts managed or advised by BCMI on an ongoing basis in accordance with the contract between the client and BCMI.
BCMI does not participate in marketing activities or share personal data information with any third-parties. Vendors with whom we work do not have access to BCMI client data.
Data Storage Period
Personal data may be retained by BCMI for the duration of a client’s investment and afterwards in accordance with BCMI’s legal and regulatory obligations, including but not limited to BCMI’s record retention policy.
Your GDPR Rights
You can exercise or address these rights, (subject to retention and other requirements under applicable law) by contacting Edward G. Beddow, Data Protection Officer for BCMI.
- You have the right to obtain access to your personal data.
- You have the right to ask for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete personal data to be corrected.
- You have the right to request that personal data be erased.
- Restriction in processing. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases.
- Objection to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to another controller.
- Withdrawal of consent. You have the right to withdraw consent from direct marketing.
- Lodging a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority within your Member State.
BCMI is a data controller within the meaning of the GDPR and undertakes to hold any personal data provided by clients in confidence and in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.